Go Global – A Programme for Exporters
The scope of the Go Global programme is to stimulate enterprises to think strategically on internationalisation, to provide them with the necessary skills and knowledge and to assist them to take the first step in their overseas target market.
The programme is intended for novice exporters having innovative products and services, that are seriously considering exporting and thus becoming international. It provides eligible enterprises with:
- a free diagnostic report on the export-readiness of the enterprise, where an advisor will be assigned to work with the enterprise to establish the level of its export readiness o and to identify the key capability, research and marketing gaps for the enterprise to be successful in internationalisation.
- a practical training course in collaboration with the University of Malta, where interactive sessions are delivered by persons with both academic and industry experience. Panel discussions, held mid-way and at the end of the course, are also planned in which established exporters will share their experiences with the audience and where participants will be encouraged to ask questions on key internationalisation issues. A presentation is also to be delivered by the participants to persons provided by the University of Malta, as the Course is accredited under the University of Malta’s Programme in the Liberal Arts and Sciences (PLAS). ECTS credits obtained for this unit will be valid towards any Certificate, Diploma, Higher Diploma, Bachelor degree, provided by the PLAS programme. More information on um.edu.mt/clas
- financial assistance to travel overseas to help kick-start the implementation of their export drive. Upon submission of a Market Development Plan, enterprises will be eligible to apply for part-financing when travelling for one-to-one meetings, trade fairs and conferences in the identified target market.
Places on the Go Global programme are limited and preference will be given to enterprises;
- Involved in activities that are of an industrial nature, including manufacturing, ICT, engineering, services, R&D and education;
- With some experience in internationalisation, even if on an experimental basis; and
- That can demonstrate the necessary commitment to the programme and to internationalisation in general.
Online Application Forms are also available from:
For further information or clarifications, interested companies should send an email to email@example.com or contact us on 2247 2400.