Closing date: 17 May, 2020
The Candidate will oversee all traditional, online media and public relations content on behalf of TradeMalta.
The holder of this post will be required to develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics. The candidate will also help develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media. The holder of this post will oversee all social media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign and content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. The Candidate will be responsible for creating public relations opportunities for TradeMalta including information on successful news about TradeMalta and its clients with the goal of raising TradeMalta’s and the exporters profile locally and internationally. The job holder will actively promote news and information about Malta-based success stories which feature in local or international media or content created by TradeMalta.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and media
- Develop brand awareness and online reputation
- Create and maintain a favourable public image for TradeMalta
- Coordinate all Public Relations events and advertising campaigns
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content about TradeMalta and its clients
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR and social media results on a monthly basis
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect TradeMalta and its brand
- Create a regular publishing schedule
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on-going basis
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media enquiries and interview requests
- Manage and customise social media pages and mailing lists (ex. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc
- Identify and develop opportunities and PR connections for TradeMalta to be used as a resources for public relations (print, online, speaking, consulting)
- Perform other duties as required
Skills & Experience
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at national level
- Strong relationship with national business and industry media outlets
- Must be a confident communicator
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Event planning experience
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English language, Communications or Marketing with a PR or Advertising experience.
The vacancy can be accessed via these two recruitment websites.