ARE YOU A EUROPEAN SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISE (SME) ACTIVE IN AFRICA?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR INVESTMENT OR BUYERS FOR A NEW PROJECT IN AFRICA?
APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE THIRD JAPAN-AFRICA BUSINESS FORUM!
TradeMalta would like to announce to its members that the Third Japan-Africa Business Forum will open a virtual B2B matchmaking from 29 June to 16 July 2021 and will exceptionally invite European SMEs with experience in Africa to meet with Japanese companies wishing to enter African markets.
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW OPEN UNTIL 18 JUNE 2021.
The event is organised with the aim to bring Japanese companies and investors to Africa and is financed by the Japanese Ministry of Finance and the African Development Bank.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A preparatory webinar or online meeting;
- Remote participation in a B2B matchmaking during the Third Japan-Africa Business Forum via the EU-Japan Centre’s e-booth from 29 June to 16 July 2021 (in English);
- Access to the event’s webinars from 29 June to 8 July 2021 (in English);
- Debriefing after the event (questionnaire and eventual online meeting);
- On a case-by-case basis, support in following up with potential Japanese partners met during the event.
- Promote EU SMEs already active in Africa to increase visibility toward an audience of Japanese companies interested in doing business in Africa and looking for partners in the continent.
- Increase your knowledge about promising sectors and business opportunities in Africa as well as EU-Japan business cooperation in Africa.
- Maximise partnering opportunities with Japanese companies looking to invest/buy/start or expand a business in Africa:
- Meet potential business partners;
- Create new business opportunities.
The EU-Japan Centre’s e-booth will host SMEs headquartered in one of the 27 EU Member States, or in the U.K., or in countries participating in the COSME Programme.
Candidate SMEs must be active in one of the 5 priority areas targeted by the event:
- “Light up Africa”: energy, oil & gas, renewable energy, geothermal energy, off-grid solutions, independent power producers (IPP), etc.
- “Feed Africa”: agriculture and related technologies, food transformation.
- “Industrialise Africa”: manufacturing, projects of new factories, need for off-takers/buyers.
- “Integrate Africa”: SMEs involved in infrastructure projects in Africa.
- “Solutions to improve the quality of life of African people”: healthcare and telemedicine, education, access to water/sanitation/hygiene, waste management, technology for development including digital and offline/off-grid solutions, etc.
Candidate SMEs with a concrete project in Africa and looking for buyers, investors, technology partners or any other type of business partners will have higher chances to be selected.
Representatives of EU SMEs can apply until Friday, 18 June 2021, 17:30 Tokyo local time.
Participation is free of charge for the selected EU SMEs.
Selected EU SMEs will have access to the event’s webinars and virtual matchmaking platform through the EU-Japan Centre’s e-booth.
- More information on the First Japan-Africa Business Forum (2014) available here.
- More information on the Second Japan-Africa Business Forum (2017) available here.
Click here for more information and to apply